Monday, December 11, 2017

Email #66 - Living Christmas Trees & Co-Prayers

December 11, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Okay! So I have some good stories for y'all this week. It makes me excited just getting ready to tell you!!! So first off, we got invited this week to go to a Christmas Concert at the First Baptist Church in downtown Montgomery. It was great. Not quite like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but it was amazing! What they do is they have a massive tree that everyone piles into and they all sing.  It's super cool! I'll send you some pictures so you can see what it looks like. But it was great! It was probably the biggest church in Montgomery. Just massive! It was super cool. I got chattin' with the lady sitting next to me and she mentioned that her son was the man on the drums. That was super awesome. So after the show, she turned to me and said, "Hey! Come with me! I want to introduce you to my son." So we went back and met a bunch of the performers and it was fantastic! There were all four missionaries from our ward there and as the Pastor was giving his little prayer and all that good stuff he kept looking at us really interestingly. It was kind of funny.  I don't know if he was intimidated or what but I guess all 4 of us lined up in white shirts and ties is scary! haha!


The other day we were at a Christmas Dinner party that a member invited us to. There were a bunch of latinos there which was great. We were able to meet a lot of new people. But as we were getting started and were about to say the prayer on the food when the man conducting said, "Would one of y'all missionaries say the prayer?" All the missionaries then looked at me... So I stood up and at the same time an elderly man stood up as well and said, "Hey let's do a Co-Prayer!" I instantly thought, "How in the world is this going to work? Am I just going to say like every other word or something and this prayer will be all over the place?" Oh my goodness. I was about to start laughing. So he started praying, "Oh Lord, Thank you for all you do for us Lord." Then I look up and he points to me... "Um... We are thankful for the opportunity we all have to be here together and celebrate the season of Christmas...." As I finished the prayer he said, "That was a great co-prayer. We should do that again sometime!" It was such a funny experience. Something I've never done before.


Well we hear about our Transfer news tonight so I'll let you know next week if I get transferred or not. Thank you for all you do! I love you all! Have a great week celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. #LighttheWorld He Lives, and He loves you!


Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
Elder Noah Featherstone

Post Temple Pictures ft. Elder Adams

Some of the Hooligans in the ward here

My man Daniel Gordon! He is the best poet the world has ever seen

 The First Baptist Church In Montgomery & The Living Christmas Tree!

 Elder Furgeson is one of the most hysterical elders out here
 Fausto! He is the man! He is one of our investigators!


No comments:

Post a Comment