Monday, February 6, 2017

Email #22 - The Power of the Book of Mormon

February 6, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama


Family! How are you all? I hope all is well! So I have a few stories for ya! Sound good?


Okay, so first, the other day we tracted into a man named Richard and we talked to him and he said we could come back a few days later.  So a few days ago we went back to his house and he let us in and his niece was there as well. So we had a great discussion with them and Richard said to us, "You know why I wanted y'all to come back?" Elder Layton and I both responded telling him that we didn't. He said "When you knocked on my door I felt something different, something that I haven't felt before. I saw a light about you two and I wanted to know what it was." We went on to teach him the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon. It was one of the most inspiring lessons that I have had in the mission so far. It was pretty miraculous. He was asking sincere questions and he really wanted to know the answers. It was pretty amazing.


We had the same experience with a man named Will who I talked about in my last email. Will had previously met with the missionaries here in Huntsville and he moved to the other side of town and lost contact with them. He is a non practicing Jehovah Witness. So we had an appointment with him on Saturday night and we went over and we talked to him about the importance of The Book of Mormon. He really loved it. He is very factual and knows his stuff so he asked some pretty hard questions but he was also very sincere. He asked us if it talks about the Book of Mormon anywhere in the Bible. My mind immediately went to Ezekiel 37 where it talks about the Stick of Joseph and the Stick of Judah. It was an amazing lesson. There is only one bad thing about it though... Since we are Spanish Missionaries we have to pass him on soon... But its all good!  As long as he has the opportunity to be taught right? He is a pretty amazing guy and really really wants to know about the Book of Mormon. We went back and he had already read a few chapters and was loving it so that's a good sign!


This week another elder here in Huntsville named Elder Gibbons and I performed a musical number at Zone Conference and it was super fun! We also got some good feedback which I was happy about.  Also this week the ward organist was out of town so I was asked to fill in.  It was a good experience as well!


That's about it! I hope you have a great week, and I'll be praying for you all!


P.S. I won't be able to send pictures this week... Sorry!
--
Strength and Honor

-Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment