Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Email #40 - Mosquito Bites and Baptismal Invites

June 12, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama

Happy P-Day Family! These weeks are just flying by. It's pretty insane how fast they go. I feel like I have P-Day and then 2 minutes later we are emailing home again. So it's pretty crazy! But I love it!

This week was a solid one. We have been doing a lot of finding and we found an investigator named Patricia. She is super awesome! We tracted into her and we talked to her about Faith. She was interested and so we came back a few days later with a member. We weren't originally planning on seeing her but our scheduled appointment didn't answer the door. So we decided, "Well we have this member here with us and we have this lady down the street that we could follow up with so might as well..." So we walked down the street and Patricia opened up. She said she was too busy.... So we decided to move on and as we were walking back to the car we realized that another car had pulled up to the house that we were supposed to have an appointment in. So we knocked again, and nothing. As we finally started walking off this porch, Patricia was walking by with her kids on the way to the park. She said, "Hey! Do you guys want to come to the park with us and we could talk?" Elder Damaso and I both just got so excited! So we went down to the park with her and we taught the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon. It was super great! We had the member invite her to read the Book of Mormon and she committed to read it! So that was super cool. A few days later we had this same member come stop by her house, and nothing... I felt like I should knock a 3rd time. But usually we only knock twice so I decided, "Oh what the heck. Might as well." So I knocked and she opened up and we taught her about Baptism and she had a few questions and it was super great! We invited her to be baptized and she said yes! It was a super cool experience! I loved it! The only bad thing was that Satan was trying to bother us with tons of mosquitos around us for an hour during the lesson... So I have a lot of mosquito bites all over me now... But IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!

We had an investigator named Martin come to church as well and it was super great! He loved it and he has been reading his Book of Mormon a lot. The work is definitely progressing here in Huntsville! I love it!

Well that's about it for the week! I love you all! and I hope you have a great week! You all are in my prayers!​

Strength and Honor

Elder Noah Featherstone

When the Shoe Goo Explodes all over.....



No comments:

Post a Comment