Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Email #58 - Scaring the Neighborhood

October 16, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Heyyyyoooooo!! This week was so fun! I feel like I say this every week but I don't have a ton of time. But I do have a few funny missionary stories for you.


First off, the other night Elder Oldham and I had a few appointments fall through, and then our back up plans fell through so we went to plan C which is usually knocking el mundo. Anyways! We started knocking and it was about 7:15 PM and we knocked on the first door and nobody answered. We got to the second door and nothing. At this point, Elder Oldham and I are just starting to get frustrated. We knocked on the 3rd door, and this lady yells, "Who is it?" "It's the missionaries!" "Who?" "The Missionaries!" "Who?" a little slower this time. "The Missionaries." Then a younger child who was probably 10 years old said with the deepest voice he could muster, "Who is it?" "It's the Missionaries!" "Who?!" "The Missionaries!" We then heard footsteps running away while the child was yelling, "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" It was hysterical! They soon after opened up and we were able to talk to them for a minute. It turned into a great lesson. As we were leaving, the mom said to us, "You guys should wear some lights or something when you are out at night!" haha! The best part is that we are going back tomorrow to go see them! ha!


*Fast forward to the next door that we knocked on* After about 30 seconds after we knocked and were about to move on, a man walked out his side door and said, "Not you guys again..." I said, "Hey! We're not that bad! ha!" He then said, "I'm catholic, so y'all are heathens!" "What?! We're heathens?" "yeah!" We ended up talking to him for a minute and were able to get him laughing which was good, but it was pretty hysterical! I've never been called a heathen yet out here.


This Sunday we had Stake Conference here in the Alabama Montgomery Stake and it was great! Bishop Dean M. Davies was here and he had some amazing thoughts. Most of the meeting was centered on the family. It really is essential to have a strong central unit in the family. The home needs to be a place of refuge and a place of peace. That is something that was always taught in our family from Mom and Dad and I'm extremely grateful that they taught the importance of good family relationships. I'm extremely thankful for you all, for your love and support you show me. I pray you all have a great week!


Strength and Honor

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Elder Noah Featherstone

 My Man Elder Faustin came back to visit the mission this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment