Monday, October 23, 2017

Email #59 - God's Perfect Gratitude

October 23, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Dearest Family,


I hope your week has been just grand! I heard about Brian and Kelsey headin' out to Australia soon. You're in my prayers! We'll miss you! Well I guess I'll still be just as far away from you hahaha!! But you'll definitely be in my prayers!


This week was really quick. It felt like I was just talking to you. We had some bad news this week. We had a few new investigators that we had started to teach and were keeping commitments and doing really well but we got calls and text from them all and they aren't wanting to continue hearing our message. It's hard at first but I then realize, it's just not their time yet. The Lord is preparing those that are ready to hear the message and they weren't there yet. But they will be soon.


I was reading in my scriptures this week and was thinking about gratitude. I was talking with President Sainsbury about gratitude in my interview with him this week and he made a great observation that hasn't crossed my mind before. God has perfect gratitude for us. He is perfectly grateful for all we do and all that we try to do. He is grateful that I am on a mission and doing my best to be exactly obedient and follow the Savior. At times we don't realize that gratitude is a Christlike attribute. He is grateful for everyone. I want to tell you all that that is completely true. He loves us perfectly and He is perfectly grateful for all that we do to serve those around us and become more like Him. I'm thankful for you all and the support and prayers in behalf of the missionaries on the Lord's errand.


I hope you all have a great week! You are all in my prayers! Thank you for all you do and the unseen acts of service and love you do for those around you.


-I apologize I don't have any pictures this week. I left my camera on accident again... There will be a surplus next week.


Strength and Honor

Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment