Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Email #70 - An Answer to Prayer

January 8, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama


Family -  This week has been great! I say that every week but I'm not sure we ever have bad weeks as missionaries. It's just amazing to see how the Lord has been blessing us. I feelsl like whenever it gets hard or it gets long, I just think about the work and I just love it! Being a missionary is the greatest! this week we had a really amazing miracle!


We were out and about going to appointments but we didn't have the car so we were just walking. We had 2 appointments fall through on us, our back-up plans fell through and usually plan C is just knocking doors. So we knocked about three houses that didn't open up and then I said to my companion, "We should go see one of the former investigators down the street." He loved the idea so off we went walking. As we got there, I asked Elder Lewis if we could say a prayer. So we ended up kneeling down on the grass outside of his apartment and said a prayer. We walked up to his door and knocked.... nothing... knocked again.... nothing..... so as we both started walking away we heard the door creak open. His name is Edmundo. He just lit up when he saw us. It was amazing! It was as if he had been waiting for us to come by. We shared a quick message and he just thanked us for coming over and sharing a spiritual message with him. He told us that he really needed it. We are now teaching him again and he is really progressing. It's amazing.


As we were sitting in Personal Study the other day we got a message from our AP's saying that President Monson had died. That was a really hard thing for me to hear. I think about when Papa died and as we were standing in the viewing, in walks President Monson, President Uchtdorf, and President Eyring. I remember President Monson walking up to me and shaking my hand, then cracking a joke. He has truly made a legacy here on earth. A legacy of service, and love. I'm so thankful for all I've learned from him.


Thank you for all the love and support you show me. I appreciate it all. I hope you have a great week! Love you all!!


P.S. Sorry... I forgot my camera... no pictures today....Forgive me!
Strength and Honor


"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

-Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment