Sunday, February 18, 2018

Email #75 - Biking the Town

February 12, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama


Heyyyyooooooo! How are you all doing?! It's crazy hearing about all the stuff going on!
I'm still trying to get the fact that Brian and Kelsey are in Australia in my head... and now
Mom in Belize. Wow! I just think about it and then I'm like wait..."They can't really be in
Australia and Belize." So I'm still working on it but it's a work in progress! haha! Well this
week was a good one. We had a really cool experience the other night.


Elder Damaso and I got White Washed into Huntsville -  the previous elders passed by
us at Transfers and gave us the keys to the car and the apartment and said, "Oh yeah,
you have to take the car in to the shop in about a week." This week was the week that
the car was in the shop.  Last Monday we were biking out to see a few investigators
and after we got there we locked up our bikes to a light pole in the apartment complex.
We went to see 4 investigators that we had been teaching and one that we had an
appointment with. After we had seen everyone, and all of them cancelled, we had a
back up plan to go to a neighboring apartment complex to see another investigator.
I turned to Elder Damaso and asked if he wanted to bike over there or just walk.
He said, "Ehh. Let's just walk. So we walked about 100 yards and I had this prompting
to go back and get our bikes and bike there. So I turned to him and said, "We should
take our bikes." He said "Why?" and I said, "I don't know." So we turned back and
started walking back to our bikes and right as we were passing a potential investigators
door named Chloe, she opened up and said, "Hey! Can y'all come visit with me and my
family for a minute and say a prayer?" I looked at Elder Damaso just speechless.
He said, "Yeah sure!" Okay.


So backstory, When Elder Andersen was here visiting the mission, he mentioned that
we should only share the message of the Restoration with those who are truly listening.  
Chloe had told us previously that she didn't want to hear about the Book of Mormon
so we offered to share a message from the Bible. She was busy so we told her we
would come back another day and she said that that would be great.


Back to the story. We went in and shared a message from the New Testament with
her. As we finished, she just kind of sat back and she said, "What else do you have
to share with me?" We then taught her about the Book of Mormon and she accepted
it and wanted to hear more. It was such a cool experience about how when we use
the Bible and the Book of Mormon together we can deepen our testimonies of the Savior.


I wanted to share this message with you because of the strength that the Book of
Mormon and the Bible together have. They testify of the divinity of our Savior
Jesus Christ and the reality of His great atoning sacrifice. With the Bible and the
Book of Mormon used together, we can come to know our Savior more fully.
We can deepen our testimonies of the reality of Him. I know that when we use
them together, we can have a relationship with our Savior that we haven't seen
before. I know He lives. I know this gospel is true. I know that our Prophet
Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God. I know that the message of the
Restoration that we share is true.


I hope you all have a great week and can see the miracles of the Lord in your
own lives. I love you all! You're in my prayers! and don't forget.... #ROLLTIDE


Strength and Honor


"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"


Elder Noah Featherstone

FEATHERSTONE LN! LETS GOOOOO!!!!

One thing about Alabama that you didn't know. Alexander Shunnarah is everywhere.... 
So here is a picture of two of his billboards right next to each other! ha!

Elder Damaso beat me in miniature pool the other night.....


No comments:

Post a Comment