Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Email 76 - In a Fog

February 20, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama


Family! How are you all? It's been great to hear from you. I hope all is well.
Everything has been going really well here in Huntsville. We've been
working super hard and it's just been a riot! We've enjoyed it a lot!

This week Elder Damaso has been a little out of it. He hasn't been 
feeling very well.  Elder Damaso and I were visiting an investigator 
and we had planned to review the Restoration a little bit and talk 
about Prayer. As I started up the lesson and then turned it over to 
Elder Damaso, I looked over at him he was staring off in the 
distance having no idea what was happening. So I kept teaching, 
after another 2 minutes I came back to him and same thing. The 
whole entire lesson goes by and Elder Damaso is still out of it.  
As we finished I turned to him and said, "do you remember 
anything that happened in there?" he responded, "not a thing..." 
We both laughed. Hopefully he will feel better soon.


This week we drove out to Scottsboro Alabama to do a
baptismal interview and that was super good.  We had Zone
Conference and it was great. Most of the conference was
about technology coming to the mission. We will be getting
our phones in about 3 weeks so that's going to be a huge
change for me. I'm going to be moving away from a paper
area book and planner so that's going to be super weird...
I don't know how much I'm going to like it but it'll be a good
change. We have a mission goal that in the year of 2018
we are going to have 300 baptisms across the mission.
So having smartphones is how we are going to get that!
We are super excited! #300 #theprophecy


This week we had two exchanges and we were in
Birmingham for one of them. The other was here in
Huntsville. As we were out contacting, I felt like we
should go see a member that lived a few blocks away.
She is a recent convert that has both legs amputated.
She basically lives in her wheelchair. She is pretty
elderly. As we knocked on her door, we heard
someone very quietly say, "Come in." As we very
gently opened the door she was laying on the floor
and couldn't lift herself back into her wheelchair.
We jumped in and got her back in her wheelchair.
It was another testimony of listening to the
promptings of the Spirit. The spirit will give us
quiet promptings and we have to be ready to hear
them.


Thank you for all you do and the great support
you are to me. Y'all are in my prayers. Have a great week!


Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"                
Elder Noah Featherstone






No comments:

Post a Comment