Saturday, April 7, 2018

Email #82 - A New Age

April 2, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama

Hello!!! How has your week been?? It's been quite the week here in Alabama. We received our smartphones this week and it has been very interesting... We have been doing a lot of Facebook messaging with investigators and all that good stuff. We were able to have a Skype call with Meleah the other night and that was a very cool experience. We taught her the Word of Wisdom. It's pretty crazy all the new stuff we can do to help our investigators with these smart phones. This really is a New Age of Missionary Work. The Lord is hastening His work.

So anyways! General Conference! Wow! I was blown away... The changes that are being made are going to be amazing! I'm really looking forward to all that will be happening. I want to add my thoughts to the conference meeting. I loved Uncle Brian's talk it was something that was a great reminder for me. One thought that I had was that when we truly know that we are divine sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, we know where our power lies and we know that we can do all through Him. The knowledge of being children of God can profoundly bless our lives when we truly come to know that for ourselves. Pretty amazing. Another talk that I loved was President Nelson at the end. When we live in a way that we are able to receive spiritual promptings from the Holy Ghost, we can be led in a divine way. We will experience joy when we listen to the quiet whispers of the still, small voice. He will help us know how we can follow the Savior more exactly. 

I love General Conference because it's an opportunity we have to be led and guided. We can receive the revelation we need for the next 6 months. When we listen to the spirit, he will tell us the things we need to know. The things we can improve on and who we can reach out to. 

One last thing that came to my mind is the sacrament. Are we repenting daily of our shortcomings? Are we truly striving every day to come closer to the Lord? 

I love this gospel and I love the Lord. I pray for y'all every day. Have a great week. Love you all!

Strength and Honor

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

-Elder Noah Featherstone

All the amigos at our Technology Training this week

 Elder Devereaux and I on exchanges

Mr. Piddles and I. He doesn't like to snuggle...

El "Chubascote" y yo


No comments:

Post a Comment