Monday, March 26, 2018

Email #81 - Prophets are Called of God

March 26, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama

Hello!!! How is everyone?? I've heard a lot of fun stuff that has been happening this week. Sounds like it was a riot! Makes me happy to hear about all the good stuff going on! Well... This week was just like every other week. A completely stellar time!

We had one of the greatest experiences ever this week. We were visiting a less active family and they have a grandson named Aren that we've been trying to teach and this week we finally had the opportunity to sit down with him and the rest of the family. He is 8 years old but he will turn 9 in about 2 months. So as we were teaching the Restoration, we talked a little about Prophets. His Grandma spoke up and said, "Do you remember the story of Noah and the Arc?" "No... What's that?" She tried to refresh his memory a little bit and then Aren spoke up and said, "Oh yeah! I remember him! He was the one that saved all the animals! and the reason that we don't have unicorns any more is because he forget to let them in the boat!" We couldn't help but laugh! He is such a bright kid. We are super excited for him. He came to church for the first time yesterday with his Grandma and Grandpa. So that was great to see them at church. We were sitting in the row in front of them in Sacrament Meeting and I heard him say to his Grandma, "Can I go sit with the missionaries?" So he ended up sitting with us. ha! He's the man!

This week we had an amazing lesson with Meleah. We taught the lesson at the Hess Family's home. We taught about the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy. It was a great lesson and the Hess' shared some wonderful insights with her. As well, in a neighboring ward here in Huntsville, there was a convert baptismal service and we invited Meleah to come. She loved it! It was a great service and she just ate it up. So we are excited for her. She has a baptismal date for this Saturday but it'll get pushed back because we still have a few more lessons to teach her. 

One other cool experience we had last night. We were having dinner with the Wright Family and Brother Dietrich. They are all elderly and live together so they invited us over to dinner. As we were wrapping up, we started to share our spiritual thought that we had prepared with them. They have been going through a lot of stressful times and things of that nature. Health problems, family problems, and all of the above. Usually we share some sort of scripture with an invitation for them to do a little missionary work of there own, but as I started to speak up and pull out my scriptures I felt like we should do otherwise. I opened up my scriptures to the last verse in the Book of Enos. I shared with them the last line of this scripture. It says, " Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen." I then bore my testimony of the reality of that scripture. They are such great examples to the ward, to their families, and to all that they come in contact with. We thanked them for the support they are to us, and for being steadfast in our Savior. As we started to end Elder Briggs spoke up, and said, "Also, we are preparing to perform this musical number at Zone Conference next week and we'd like to play it for you if that would be okay." They jumped at the idea. So as I played the piano for Elder Briggs, you could feel the spirit in abundance in the room. As we finished we looked back at them and they were all in tears. It was exactly what they needed. It was an amazing experience. Brother Dietrich jumped up and gave us both big hugs and said, "Thank you for being diligent servants of the Lord." The Members here are amazing. Alabama definitely has my heart.

I look forward to General Conference this weekend and to know that as we all sustain our new prophet President Nelson, I will be raising my hand along side with each of my family members. I know that we have a prophet who leads and guides this church. I know that he is the mouthpiece for God on the earth right now. As we listen to our Priesthood Leaders we will be following the Savior's counsel. "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." 

I love you all and you will be in my prayers this week. And as we always say here in the ABM. There's no time to sleep... when you're gathering sheep. Love you all! 

Strength and Honor & ROLL TIDE

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

-Elder Noah Featherstone

Teaching the Plan of Salvation to the McMahon Family!

Food Glorious FOODDDDD!!!

Elder Briggs cleaning this morning. haha! I needed pictures to send home.

No comments:

Post a Comment