Saturday, March 17, 2018

Email #79 - Alabama, the Greatest Place on Earth

March 12, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama


Hello Family! It sounds like it's been quite the week! I love hearing about all
the great experiences y'all are having. This week was a great one in the
mission as well! First off, Alabama is the greatest place on earth
(other than the temple). So I guess the Alabama Birmingham Temple is the
greatest place on earth! ha! Everything has been great here.


This week was definitely a busy one. We had Transfers on Wednesday
and I sent Elder Damaso off to Tennessee to be reunited with his family,
and I got a new companion. My new/old companion is Elder Briggs. He is
the man! So when I came back out to the mission after having surgery I was
in a Trio because my trainer, Elder Messick, had started training another
missionary at the same time. So Elder Briggs and I were getting trained
together back in Albertville. So we are back together again! How crazy is
that?! It's been a completely riot together. We've just been laughing our
heads off the majority of the time. ha! So it's been an exciting week.
On Friday we had to be in Birmingham for a meeting, and on Saturday
we went with a few ward members to a Stake Service Project at Camp
Hulaco. It's a girls camp that is run by the stake and we were out there
fixing up the camp and pulling weeds and all that good stuff! It was a
great time. It's definitely been a great week.


We were able to visit with Meleah on Saturday with a family in the ward.
It was an amazing lesson. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We went
through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost,
and Enduring to the End, and as we did this family shared their baptismal
experiences, and some experiences with the Holy Ghost in their lives.
It was a great lesson. It was amazing to see how when the members
testified of the experiences they have had and the reality of Baptism and
the Holy Ghost, Meleah was able to know that the things that we were
teaching are true. She said, "This all makes so much sense! It makes me
want to repent and do better and to endure to the end. I want to have the
Holy Ghost with me." It was amazing to hear her say that and to testify of
the simpleness of the way that Christ has established for us. Like Nephi,
"my soul delighteth in plainness."


I know that's true. I know that by following the Lord's example we can live
with our families for eternity and we can return to God's presence. It's
been a great week as a servant of our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope y'all
have a great week! You're in my prayers.


--
Strength and Honor


"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"


-Elder Noah Featherstone





No comments:

Post a Comment