Monday, August 13, 2018

Email #101 - One of the Greats

August 13, 2018
Gadsden, Alabama


Family! This week was one of those weeks that when I look back on my mission, I'm going to remember what happened this week. I hope each of yours has been this incredible.


On Friday we had a lesson with Chad and Nicole and we were planning on teaching the Word of Wisdom. As we got there and chatted for a minute, Chad speaks up and says, "Okay so you've got to explain this health code that y'all have that keeps you all healthy and happy." We started getting into the lesson and he told us about some problems that he has had with a certain part of the Word of Wisdom. He said, "This is serious to me. I want to quit. I just need your help." So I got this impression to talk about Priesthood blessings with them. As we did so, he mentioned that he would like one. As we finished with the blessing. He asked us about fasting. He said, "I've heard about people fasting. Would that be something that would help?" Elder Quayle went on and explained what fasting is and how it helps. He quickly responded after, "I'm going to start fasting right now for the next 24 hours." I jumped in real quick and asked, "Can we join you?" He kind of looked up at me with this look like, "You're going to do that to help me?" He replied, "That'd be great!" So we fasted on Saturday with him, and when we stopped by on Saturday evening to see how it was, Nicole says, "Guys! He has been so happy and not irritated at all! It's been great!" Chad spoke up saying, "I haven't had a lick of anything!" It reminded me of Megan, "I had a lemonhead and a lick of an atomic fire ball!" haha!


So Sunday morning rolls around, and we got a text from them saying that Nicole is in rough shape. We offered to come give her a blessing and she jumped at it. We went by and gave her a blessing and as Chad was walking to the door, he said, "Guys! I haven't had any! I've gone two days without it!" He just seemed so chipper! IT WAS SO COOL! He said, "I feel like I've got this little high from not using it!" They are just the greatest! I could honestly see them being some of the most solid members EVER! I'm so excited for them.


Jaylyn is going to be getting baptized on the 25th which is great! She is anxiously awaiting the day! Her Dad is planning on baptizing her still so that is good. We are going to have her baptismal interview this week so that will be exciting as well.


Joanne and Wallace are doing great as well! We are going to see them tomorrow and teach the Word of Wisdom. So please keep them all in your prayers!


Another experience that happened this week was while we were knocking doors! Never in my mission have I had the first door answer and listen to our message. Usually it's the last door right? Like Fourth Floor, Last Door?  Well this week the Lord really blessed us. We had about 20 minutes and we decided to knock a few doors around. As we got to the first door, he opened up and we taught him the Restoration and he committed to read the Book of Mormon! I thought that was so cool! It was an answer to prayer as well. Beforehand we asked that we would be able to teach one person in the next 20 minutes and the Lord definitely delivered.


I hope you all are doing SPECTACULAR! Have a stellar week and remember! ROLL TIDE! and Um... Les Quiero!


Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Elder Noah Featherstone









No comments:

Post a Comment