Monday, August 6, 2018

Email #100 - A Glimpse of Divine Design

August 6, 2018
Gadsden, Alabama


Family! What a week it has been! I have absolutely loved hearing about the many miracles that have happened in all of our lives! It truly is amazing to see how the Lord looks after us. I continue to be amazed every single day as a missionary at the ways that the Lord blesses us as we do his work.


As I look back at the week, I feel like the kid on Incredibles, "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!" I want to give you a few updates on our friends that we are teaching. So first up, Jaylyn! She is incredible! I'm not sure if I have talked about her a whole lot, but she is the daughter of a returning member. We've struggled to help her get baptized because her father doesn't think that she is ready to make that kind of a commitment. But as we have continued teaching her, last week we talked about baptism and he said, "Well I think she is finally ready! I want her to get baptized!" We both just sat back and just were amazed. The Lord works on his children for sure. Then he said, "I was thinking like 2 or 3 weeks? What do y'all think?" So we are planning a baptism for August 25th. SUPER COOL! I'm super excited for her!


We are also teaching two AMAZING couples!  Wallace and Joanne, and Chad and Nicole! Wallace and Joanne came to church last week and everyone was incredibly friendly with them and they just loved it! It was so cool. They have a long history with the church but I do know that their hearts are being softened. We are planning for them in September to be baptized.


Chad and Nicole are doing great! They were tracted into about 2 months ago and we talked with them last week about baptism and the priesthood. They were just so full of intent and they really want to know. It is so darn cool! As we finished up visiting, Chad spoke up, "I just have one more question... Do the Mormon's have some sort of health code or something? I've always wanted to know that."  We told him that we would talk about it on Monday with him. So tonight we are going to teach them the Word of Wisdom and are super excited. They are super awesome! We are trying to figure out a day as well when we can go biking with Chad because he loves to bike for exercise. So we'll do that one morning with him this week.


Everything is going super super great here in Gadsden! We are just enjoying life as missionaries. The last few days Elder Quayle and I have skipped dinner because we just wanted to keep working. I didn't ever think I would do that but it was great! I truly love being a representative of Jesus Christ. There is nothing like it and knowing that I only have a few weeks makes me sad, but I know that we are all missionaries and can all share the gospel. I love you all and I hope you all have a FANTASTIC week!


Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment