Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Email #99 - Praying for Miracles

July 30, 2018
Gadsden, Alabama


"HEY YOU GUYS!!!!" How in the world are you doing? I hope this week has been 
fantastic. It's been a stellar week here in Gadsden. I am running really low on 
time today so I'm going to keep it short but I want to tell you a few things that 
happened this week.


1) I was asked last minute to give a talk on Personal Revelation in Sacrament 
Meeting. Somehow, with the help of the Lord, I was able to pull off a somewhat 
decent talk. They asked me to speak for 15 minutes but since I was the 
concluding speaker I ended up with 20-25 minutes! haha!


2) We had a really cool experience this week. Before we had left the apartment 
at 10am, we said a prayer that we would be able to find, and teach someone 
today that would listen to our message and keep the specific commitments 
that we extend to them. As we went throughout the day, not much was 
happening and I just kept praying in my heart that we would see a miracle. 
The previous day we had followed up with someone that was interested but 
he was busy. So as we were out and about, Elder Quayle said, "We need to 
go see that lady that we met yesterday." I responded, "You realize it hasn't 
even been 24 hours yet right? I don't want to overwhelm her." He insisted so 
we drove over to her house and knocked. She came on out and said that she 
had a few minutes to chat with us. As we sat there on her porch and shared 
the Restoration with her, you could see how intently she was listening and 
how it was something that she needed in her life. As we finished sharing the 
First Vision, she was locked in to everything that was mentioned. As I started 
to introduce the Book of Mormon to her, she got this really puzzled look on 
her face. She said that she had ordered the Book of Mormon on Amazon a 
few weeks previously and was studying it! *insert jaw drop* I was nothing 
short of speechless. I didn't know what to say. Elder Quayle kind of stepped 
in and was super excited! It was such a cool experience to get to see how 
we as missionaries are led and guided by the Spirit to those that will listen. 
I am so grateful that Elder Quayle listened to the promptings that he received. 
That was a super cool experience of receiving guidance in our lives.


3) We had three friends at church on yesterday! That was super cool! We 
are teaching a Returning Member's daughter and she wants to get baptized. 
We are planning the baptism for about 3 weeks from now. So that is super 
cool! As well the other two that came to church on Sunday want to get 
baptized and we are planning a baptismal service for them in about a month. 
It's been amazing to see how the Lord has blessed us with people to teach 
here in Gadsden.


Well it's been quite the week. We had a lady that preached a sermon for us 
on her doorstep while we were knocking. It was pretty good! There really is 
something that we can learn from everyone we come in contact with.


I hope you all have a great week! You are all in my prayers!

LOVE Y'ALL!!!!

Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Elder Noah Featherstone




No comments:

Post a Comment