Monday, July 16, 2018

Email #97 - White Wash #5

July 16, 2018
Gadsden, Alabama


Family! How in the world are you? I guess it's only been a few days...But this week has been a crazy week. So I find out last Monday night that I'm getting transferred and I pack everything up on Tuesday. We show up to Transfers in Birmingham on Wednesday and they say that we will be white washing Gadsden! I'm literally getting transferred about 4 miles to the neighboring ward. ha! The Attalla Branch and the Gadsden Ward all meet in the same building so I saw all the Attalla members and they came to me and shook my hand and said, "You...….. TRAITOR!" Of course they were kidding but it was pretty hysterical. I'm super glad that I'm going to be able to see them still. The Branch is just the greatest but I'm excited to be in Gadsden now.


We've been working our tails off this week. The other day we biked nearly 30 miles and boy my legs were feeling it. I was walking up the stairs and almost fell... haha! But anyways! It's been great! We had two "friends" at church on Sunday and that was great. We also were able to find a family that is interested. How cool is that?! Usually it's just hard to find one person that is interested but we found an entire family! So that's super awesome.


I'm with Elder Quayle. He is from a little farm town outside of Ogden. He is a great guy.  We are going to have a riot. This is my 5th and last time white washing an area. ha! It's pretty crazy that I've done it this many times but I guess I'm going to do it one more time. Most of the week has been trying to find who the previous missionaries were teaching and finding new investigators. It's been pretty hectic but really good. We've had some great help from the ward leadership which is HUGE!


So funny/terrible/miraculous experience that we had this week. We are driving back from Transfers in Birmingham on the way to Gadsden and we have some other elders following us. We were about 10 miles outside of Gadsden and I look back through the rear view mirror and Elder Quayle's bike came loose and is barreling down the freeway... So that's the terrible part. The miraculous part is that the other elders behind us picked up the bike and brought it to us. The other miraculous part is that the bike is fine except for a completely SHREDDED bike seat, dent in the bottom of the frame, and a rideable bent tire. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!  Elder Quayle and I were sprinting on the side of the freeway back to the other Elders who had pulled over. It reminded me of Megan and I running through the underwater highway tunnels in Boston on the way to her show. ha! And the funny part is looking back at it now!


Well that's about all the updates for the week. Sorry I feel like I'm not very good at this whole writing thing but hopefully I'll figure it out in college! ha! I hope you all are doing well! You're in my prayers! Thank you for the love and support you give me. Y'all are the best!

Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Elder Noah Featherstone


No comments:

Post a Comment