Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Email #8 - "Can't talk the Game is on!"

September 19, 2016
Albertville, Alabama


Family! So this week has been stellar! We have done a ton of contacting and tracting this week so It was a lot of sweat and knocking on people's doors. But also, we had church yesterday and it was super fun cause almost every other person that I introduced myself to noticed my last name and said. "Are you by chance related to Vaughn J. Featherstone?"  I have probably heard that about 30 times and I'm not exaggerating one ounce.  It's been fun to hear stories people have shared about Grandpa V! My companion actually got an email a few minutes ago from his mom and she told a story about my companion's dad who had to come home early from his mission because he had cancer and he was in the hospital and guess who showed up to visit him and to give him a blessing! GRANDPA V! So I was super excited when I heard that. It has crossed my mind so many times this week how blessed I am to have the heritage I do with both my grandfathers serving in the Quorum of the Seventy. It's amazing to learn and to be able to become better through them and listen to their words. I have done a lot of reading the last few weeks of some of both Papa and Grandpa V's talks and there was so much that I learned and I have just been feeling extremely blessed because of them.


This week we ran into a guy that was super interested in the gospel and was asking questions and was just super into the discussion. He said, "Can I have your guys phone number and could you come back another time and talk a little more about this stuff?" Man. Music to my hears... I may have only been out for 2 weeks but I'm pretty sure that doesn't really happen... So Man! That was super cool! So we have a lesson planned with him in the next few days!


We went to visit a less active family this week. Their name is the Bartolo Family. We talked to them the other night and we had an incredible discussion about the scriptures and it was super awesome to feel the spirit with this family who is less active and help them come back to church. AND GUESS WHAT!!! I asked what their cats name was while we were there and they said that she didn't have one. So! He said we could name their CAT!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT????!!!!! My companion and I decided on Isabel. But in a Spanish accent as you know. So that was the greatest!


And the last story of the week is about tracting during the Alabama Game! So as you know football is huge down here. and the word "huge" doesn't even come close to giving it justice. So….we were out knocking doors during the game and door after door after door  people would open and say  "What do you want? I'm watching the game!"  Then the next person would say, "I'm watching the game. You can come in and watch if you want but I can't talk right now."  Then the next person would say, "Ain't nobody got time for dat!" HA! and fun fact of the week. The lady that says that in the interview? If you know what I'm talking about? "I GOT BRONCHITIS!" She is from HUNTSVILLE!!!! Holy crap! I was crying when I found out that was here in BAMA! Hopefully I get to meet her sometime in these next 2!


Anyways! Love you all! This is the gospel of Jesus Christ and we are here to move his work forward. The people that say "A bible! A bible! We already have a bible!" They have no idea what they are missing and this is what we are here to tell them! That the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that through the spirit we can know all things! Not just one. ALL!!! This is the Lord’s work and I am on the Lord's errand. He lives. He knows us and He is the Savior of the World.


Love you all! Hope you have a stellar week!


Strength and Honor        

Elder Noah Featherstone








No comments:

Post a Comment