Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Email #9 - Temple / Baptism / Missionary Work

September 26, 2016
Albertville, Alabama


FAMILY!!! This week has been completely amazing! Loved every minute of it! So I'll get started real quick so I don't have to keep you all waiting.


We are able to go to the temple once every 3 months here in the Alabama Birmingham Mission, and it happened that this was the week that that was going to happen. So Elder Messick, Elder Devereaux, Elder Faustin and I all took off early Tuesday morning for the temple in Gardendale. Elder Devereaux and Elder Faustin are the other Elder's here in Albertville so we see them at least once a day if not 2 or 3 times. But the temple was such a good experience. I loved it so much! The fact that in St. George we live what like 5 minutes from the temple! That's so dang nice! It was about a 90 minute drive from Albertville so I'm kind of jealous. It was an awesome trip to go down there and remember the covenants and all that happens at the temple. I mean it is the House of the Lord and we can feel so close to him when we are there. How amazing!


We also got to drive up to Huntsville and Madison to go to a baptism. Elder Messick taught a man named George Laws when he was there and then he was transferred so we ended up driving back up to attend the baptism which was super cool. It was a really good reminder of the purpose of baptism and why it is so essential to return to Christ.


We have done a lot of tracting this week and have had a lot of people trying to Bible bash us so that is always interesting. But I've loved it! Plus just part of the Hispanic culture is to be very nice and welcoming no matter what. So they are always willing to listen to you. So that's always nice! We teach a lot in English as well! It's super nice cause we just knock doors and about 50% is in Spanish and the other 50% is in English so you get a good mix and my translating skills are improving so much which is great! I love how close I have come to the Lord in these last 3 weeks that I have been here. But GUESS WHAT!!! I have just about 22 more months of this!!! I love it! Missionary work is the greatest! It is something to be super excited about!!!! We are here to help others to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. That through the Atonement we can return to him someday. That's the beauty of the plan. We can live with our families forever. There is something about teaching the Plan of Salvation to people. It brings the spirit so fast and I love it! People down here grasp on to that lesson faster than anything else! BUT!!! Can I get some excitement about the Gospel? Like there is no time to be down! We've got stuff to do and we have people that we need to talk to about the truth! What they are missing! Missionary work is the greatest and I love it so much! Thank you so much for everything! Love you all so much! Many pictures are coming your way just for a reminder of what I look like. Ha! Love you all! "Party on Garth!"


Here is my scripture for the week for all of you that need some excitement about the Gospel!
-D&C 128:22 ;)

Strength and Honor,
Elder Noah Featherstone




                  Elder Curtis and I went to High School together! Such a stud!
                                     Elder Messick and Elder Devereaux
                                      Elder Tyler Roger's son and I

                                      Visiting a Members Chicken Farm

                                      Elder Messick and I at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment