Monday, December 5, 2016

Email #14 - HUNTSVILLE

December 5, 2016
Huntsville, Alabama

Family!!! How are you all? This week has been pretty good and pretty hard to be honest... We said goodbye to a lot of people this week in Albertville and that was super hard. I have grown to love the people there so much that it was extremely hard to say goodbye... But... on the other hand. I was super pumped to go to Huntsville! It's been a pretty good week here in Huntsville. I had a cool experience the other day! My companion and I were tracting this neighborhood while the other Huntsville Spanish Branch elders were in an appointment. We only had time to knock one more door before we had to go home.  We knocked on a door and a Hispanic family opened and they let us in.  We taught them the Restoration and have a return appointment with them too! So hopefully they turn out to be solid investigators! #fourthfloorlastdoor.  In the Spanish Branch we only do Spanish work so if we talk to any English people we just hand them over to the English Missionaries so it is really good to be able to speak a ton of Spanish and I can already see my Spanish improving! Gotta love it! So Love you all! Thanks for all you do! Happy Holidays! Hopefully I have a longer email for "y'all" next week!

Sincerely the Alabamian.

Strength and Honor
-Elder Noah Featherstone

"An Arabian Christmas" (The town is called Arab)

Dienly 

"Messick and Sons"

Elder Fotu and I at Transfers

Elder Curtis (I went to High School with him)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Noah, we are so happy to hear you are back to work and finding Spanish speakers to work with. Yes, it's hard to leave one area you have grown to love but as you discover, it's always good to have a fresh start again in a new area... there are always good people to meet, teach and love wherever you are assigned. Stay happy and healthy.
    Uncle Stuart and I are plugging along pretty well here in sunny Arizona. We are grateful to have Dave and Kara and their families here to enjoy and to be of such help to us. Kara took us to Uncle Stuart's Alzheimers Doctor appointment in Phoenix today which is a long way through heavy traffic during rush hour, so I'm so glad she is willing and able to take us. I took him by myself the first appointment several months ago, but it's better to have kara come to the appointment as well as drive now so she can keep up on what is going on with Uncle Stuart's health. This getting older is a challenge, but we are blessed none the less.
    We had the Teachers Quorum come and put up our house Christmas lights last night - such great young men...about 15 of them with 5 leaders! Then the Beehive class came and did some caroling along with the boys. It was a fun evening. We love the young people in our ward here - well, all the people! We do have such a great ward. I so enjoy my calling with the "Activity Day Girls." We do a lot of service and have a lot of fun.
    Well, continue to spread the love!
    We love you!
    XOXO Aunt Helen

    ReplyDelete