Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Email #16 - Feliz Navidad

December 20, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama


Family! Merry Christmas! It's pretty crazy that I get to talk to you this week! I'm super excited! This week has been super good! So I'll get started right from the top!


Wednesday we had a Multi-Zone Christmas Conference so that was just a blast! I played The Prayer for two elders to sing and it turned out pretty well given the fact that I had an hour to prepare and that was it.  I also played a solo which went well considering I had 30 minutes to prepare that one.  It was a little stressful but we're all good! It was a blast to see a bunch of other missionaries and I loved it!


These last few days we have been doing a lot of service and it has been stellar! We raked leaves for a members neighbor and it was like a 5 hour service project. It was basically like raking all the leaves at our 2nd house in St. George. The member who had put the service project together came up to me after and said, "Elder, You sure know how to work!" I laughed and said. "Well, My Dad and Mom taught me well!" So thank you for those Saturday Work Projects no matter how much I hated them. They definitely taught me how to give it my all and work hard.


We had this pretty hysterical experience this week. My companion and I were out tracting and we ran into this guy named Eddy Robinson. We knocked on the door and you just hear, "Who is it?" "It's the missionaries!" "The Police?" "No, it's the Missionaries!" He slowly opened the door he said, "Jesus Preachers! Come on in!" So we were in the middle of the Restoration lesson and two of his friends walked in. "Hey who are these nice lookin' fellas?" They turned out to be high as a kite and so we got outta there faster than you can imagine. But before we left, I asked him if we could help him with anything. he said, "Ya know, I'm movin' in a few days if you could help me move!" So we said of course that would be great! We exchanged phone numbers and got on our way. A few days later we hadn't heard from him so I called him and said "Eddy! How are ya?! This is the missionaries!" He responded, "Oh is this those Mormons?" "Yeah we were wondering when you are moving so we could come help you out!" We set up the appointment to go help him but as we were hanging up the phone he must have not pressed the button or something and he softly said, "Man, I like those Mormons!" It was awesome! The people here are great! You really do knock on the door and people will respond to you without opening the door and say "Who is it?" "It's the missionaries!" "The PO-LICE?" Oh my goodness it just makes my day everytime it happens!


So this week has been great! Can't wait to talk to you on Christmas Dayt! Love you all!


P.S. As of right now I don't have a place to Skype. If worst comes to worst I'll skype at the church here in Huntsville.  Can't wait to see all of your beautiful faces!!!
--
Strength and Honor          
-Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment