Saturday, January 28, 2017

Email #17 - El Año Nuevo

January 3, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama


Familia! Comó estan ustedes? I hope you are all doing well! I don't dare type much more in Spanish or nobody will understand it. Except maybe Brian and Greg would understand Voy a la playa y la bibloteca. ha! Well Happy New Year! El año nuevo! 2017! The Year of total Missionary work! How exciting! So I don't have a ton to report on this week but we did have some fun stuff happen. We helped a lot of people move and we raked leaves and did service.  We couldn't do a ton of proselyting this week with all the people being with their families and all that jazz but we did do a lot of service! So I honestly don't have a ton to tell you all about! But! I do have lots of pictures to show you all!


This week we have been doing either follow up appointments and stuff like that or doing service. So the other night I was going through some potential investigators we had phone numbers for and I ran across this man that we met store contacting at the mall! His name is Shirish. We taught him the Restoration and he was super interested so that was super exciting! So I called him up last night and asked if we could come by and share something with him. He was excited and said “of course!” So it turns out he is really into a sport called Cricket. I don't know much about it but I made a deal with him. I said, "Shirish, if we come and teach you a lesson will you teach us how to play Cricket and then maybe we can get some people together to play every once in a while?" He was super pumped! So I am going to be learning about Cricket. I was told a quote that comes from the former president of the Alabama Birmingham Mission, President Hanks. "Service Softens Stoney Souls." So that has been our focus this week. So I encourage y'all to serve others and to serve especially those that have hardened hearts against the church. Service opens doors that you never thought would open. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week full of the Spirit!


Strength and Honor

-Elder Noah Featherstone












No comments:

Post a Comment