Saturday, January 28, 2017

Email #18 - The Uhaul Movers

January 10, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama


FAMILIA! COMO ESTAN??? I hope you are all doing just "FANTABULOUS!" This week has been pretty great! Once again a week of service. The missionary work in Huntsville is a little slow so we try to do a lot of service to help others and open their hearts to hear the gospel. We helped four families move this week! "It's a new record!" We had to fit a family's stuff in a 10x20 Uhaul into a 10x10 storage unit and everyone said we couldn't do it. But I had FAITH! I learned how to pack from my father! ha! We did it and still had room to spare! So you can just call us "The Uhaul Movers" now!


This week we were at Los Bahena's for Dinner and I shared this spiritual thought with them and I thought I would share it with y'all! We read in Mosiah 3:19
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
So the question I ask all of you is what does it mean to put off the natural man? What does it mean to become as a child? Submissive? Meek? Humble? Patient? Full of Love? and to do what the Lord seeth fit? I asked everyone in the room what these attributes meant one by one. We are all constantly trying to become more like Christ and what can we do to develop these attributes every day? I love this scripture because I believe that we truly can develop these attributes as we do the Lord's will. I am so thankful for the scriptures and they help us come closer to the Lord as we study them. I love you all and I am so thankful for each of you. I hope and pray that you all have a great week! I love you all!


Strength and Honor


Elder Noah Featherstone












No comments:

Post a Comment