Saturday, January 28, 2017

Email #20 - El Palabra Segura de Dios

January 24, 2017
Hunstville, Alabama


Family! How are y'all? I love hearing from everyone and the amazing experiences you are all having back home! It's great and it makes me happy! So this week was pretty great! So I'll get right to it!


This week we were out tracting and we met a lot of people that were pretty interested in the gospel. So that was super great! The other night we went to a lesson with a lady named Erraine who we have been teaching for the last few weeks and she said, "Hey you guys should come over when my sister is here because she would be super interested in your message! Could you come over when she is here?" I responded, "You bet your boots we can do that!" So she said we could come back later this week and we set up another appointment to come when they were both going to be there. So we went on with the rest of our day and we had decided that we were going to tract this apartment complex that was supposed to have a lot of Hispanic people. We got tracting and GUESS WHAT! #fourthfloorlastdoor President Uchtdorf testifies of the truth. We pushed through to the last door of the complex and a lady named Patricia opened up. She invited us in and we sat down with her and her husband Lennord. We got talking and she said, "Ya know I saw you two the other day in the Westgate apartments." (Where Erraine lives) I responded, "Oh yeah! What were you doing over there?" "My sister lives there and we were visiting her." "Oh really? What's your sisters name?" "Erraine!" Oh my goodness. FOURTH FLOOR LAST DOOR! I heard that and I was speechless. How crazy is that? We ended up having just a stellar discussion with her and it was amazing!


Yesterday at Church I gave a talk in the Spanish Branch. The 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency asked me to pick a talk that Grandpa gave in General Conference and to talk about it. It was super fun for me to read through a few of his talks! I chose to talk on the one called, "The Sure Word of God."  In that talk he goes on to talk a little bit about the things that gave him his testimony in the scriptures. So since I couldn't quote any of it because none of it is translated into Spanish, I decided that I wanted to talk a little about those stories and experiences with the scriptures that gave me my testimony in the scriptures as well as other things that helped me gain a testimony of this gospel. The scriptures I decided to expound on were Enos 1, The Story of Abinadi in Mosiah, and Alma 37:36-37. Those three have always been some of my favorites. I shared those scriptures with them.  I finally feel like my Spanish is getting goodl enough that I can understand what the people are saying, as well as being able to respond to them. So it was super cool to be able to share those things with the Branch. The members here are amazing. I have loved getting to know them and work with them in the missionary effort.


Well that's about it for the week! I love this gospel and I love all of you. Thank you for the great examples you all are to me. I hope you have a great week!


Strength and Honor

Elder Noah Featherstone








No comments:

Post a Comment