Saturday, December 3, 2016

Email #13 - #Ironbowl #thanksgiving #transfers #breakingnews

November 28, 2016
Albertille, Alabama

Family! What a stellar week! I mean talk about "quacktastic!" I did miss you all on Thanksgiving but this week was awesome! So this might be a long one...  

So starting with the beginning of the week. On Tuesday the "Albertville Boys" drove up to Madison for a Zone Training so that was super good! The one thing that I thought a lot about is are we going to be builders or wreckers? One of my ZL's talked about this. Are we going to build others up or tear others down? Pretty big question right? But it definitely makes you think about what you can do to be better and love others. So are we all going to be builders or wreckers?

On Wednesday we had exchanges and that was super fun as well! Then Thursday! THANKSGIVING! So that morning our ward put together a Turkey Bowl. Like an Alabama Turkey Bowl. Not a Utah one. ALABAMA!!! So that was a blast! There were a few players that play for Auburn that showed up so that was super fun. I ended up getting an interception on one of them. So that was pretty sweet! So if we ever play "Have you ever" I can say that I picked off an Auburn player! ha! Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at a members house in Guntersville and then we were invited to go to another dinner towards Arab and so we had two Thanksgiving dinners and after the second dinner they invited us to play some frisbee golf with their entire family. The Currier's whole family is like close to 100 people. Their family takes up like the entire ward. But they are insanely good at frisbee golf and I could barely keep up with their scores. So man! Thanksgiving was crazy fun! Loved it! That evening we went Black Friday store contacting! Insane.... there were so many people. We taught so many lessons and it was great! Then since we didn't have a meal appointment that evening both companionships in Albertville got together and we decided to do a Missionary Thanksgiving Dinner where we make all the most basic foods that all missionaries make such as Top Ramen, Mac and Cheese, Hot Dogs, I think you get the point. So I'll send pictures of that! Pretty hysterical!  

Friday was the 2nd ever Alabama Birmingham Mission Spanish Conference! So all the Spanish Missionaries in the mission got together and it was a blast!

Saturday was transfer calls and I'm leaving Albertville.... I got transferred to Huntsville! So I'm going to be serving in the Spanish Branch up there so that will be a blast but I'm super sad to leave all the people here that I have grown to love so much! We had a dinner appointment with the Domingo's last night and I have grown really close to Brother Domingo and his family.  When we were saying goodbye he was in tears so that was super hard. I'll miss it. But at least I get to stay in Alabama this time right? So this week has been a blast and super spiritual with all the conferences. I've loved it.

Yesterday we had a few Spanish lessons and I have felt like my Spanish was really struggling since I've been back and it was my turn to share the First Vision and I just started speaking and everything just came. Some of the words that I said I haven't ever heard except for maybe once from a member and so it was a huge testimony builder. The Gift of Tongues is real. I'm super excited to go to a branch so I can speak in Spanish a ton more so it should be fun! So this week was amazing. But thats about it for this week! Love you all so much! Have an amazing week!
Strength and Honor
Elder Noah Featherstone














No comments:

Post a Comment