Monday, April 3, 2017

Email #30 - The Tuscaloosa Life

April 3, 2017
Birmingham, Alabama


Family! How are you all? I've heard it's been a great and hard week. I don't have tons of time today so I'm going to do my best to respond to a lot of the comments that I got from all of you! So I'm going to get right to it. The Tuscaloosa Life


So first off, I heard about Grandma Janet, and Preston's Grandma as well, that had the opportunity to join our other loved ones on the other side. It's always hard to hear about others moving on, but at the same time it is a great reunion on the other side. We often see the ones that we love finishing their purpose in life and continuing on to the next life. In the Missionary Discussions in "The Plan of Salvation," it says,


"From an earthly perspective, physical death may seem like an end, but really it is a beginning, a step forward in Heavenly Father’s plan. At death, your spirit will leave your body and go to the spirit world, which is a place of learning and preparation. In the spirit world, your memories of this life will remain with you.  Death will not change your personality or your desire for good or evil. If you choose to follow Christ during your life on earth, you will be at peace in the spirit world and will rest from your cares."


As I think about what we have been taught in the last few days in General Conference, there were many talks that related to the Plan of Salvation. This is where we find hope, joy, and happiness. I really love the fact that death really is the beginning. I'm not saying that it's not hard, because it is. But I do know that both Grandma Janet, and Preston's Grandma are both cheering us all on from the other side. They are literally walking beside us every step of the way. I know that it is extremely hard for us to lose those we love, but we also have the great knowledge that we will see them again. As I have been here teaching the Plan of Salvation, a lot of people don't realize that there is a life after this and that we will see our loved ones again. What a great knowledge we have. We have hope, we have joy, and we have the knowledge of the things to come. I just want you to know that you are in every prayer that I offer. I may not be with you but you are definitely in my prayers. I hope that you could feel of my love this weekend during General Conference.


On another note, before I get started to the week, I was sitting in the chapel this weekend during General Conference as they were announcing the New General Authorities. Uncle Brian! I saw him walking up to the stand and thought to myself, "Wait... Isn't he in Texas?" But nope! Not anymore! It was a great experience to go and serve there for a few days in their mission, but now he is moving on! Please send my love to their family, and let them know they are in my prayers.


OKAY! So this week. WOW!  Starting from last P-Day - We were able to take a guided tour of the Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa. WOW! It was a spectacular sight! It definitely made up for not being able to watch any college football this year! We got to walk through the whole thing. We saw the locker room, the recruiting room, the field, press boxes, you name it, I saw it. It was spectacular! Just look at my face in a few of the pictures and you'll see how happy I was.... ha! ROLL TIDE!


This week we got a call late at night from our Branch President. He said, "Elders, I need you to come over quickly and help me give my wife a blessing. She is really struggling." She is pregnant and has really been struggling and been in a lot of pain lately. She ended up asking me if I could give the blessing. It was definitely an act of faith with Spanish, but it was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and she had complete faith in what was said in the blessing. It was an experience that I don't think I'll forget. She was listening so intently, and has so much faith in the Father. I really admire the faith that she has exercised. Do we pray with faith? Do we have faith in priesthood blessings? Do we truly rely on the Savior everyday? It was a very spiritual experience.


General Conference- Wow. I am always amazed at how spiritually fed we are every 6 months. It's amazing that we can take something away from every person that spoke and apply it in our lives. One of my favorite talks was in the Priesthood Session by Elder Bednar. He talked a lot about missionaries but as well about the members. The difference between the call to serve, and the location. It really benefited me and was something I needed to hear. I also feel that I have developed a new love for the Prophet, and President Eyring. As they speak, you can truly feel of the love that they have for the Savior. I want to come as close to the Savior as they have become.


Thank you for all of your thoughts and for your continuous prayers in behalf of the missionaries sharing the gospel. You are all in my prayers. Also, Greg, and Brian, Will you please tell your little ones that I love them? And that I pray for them? And Mom and Dad, thank you for raising me to know the truthfulness of the Gospel, for teaching me how to love others, and for teaching me how to do my best in all that I do. I will be eternally grateful for the love that you have shown me. Greg, Mimi, Brian, Kelsey, Megan, Preston, and Caleb, please know how much I appreciate our friendships and for the amazing kindness that you all show toward me. Thank you for being great examples that I can look up to and strive to be better. Thank you all for being great examples of Steadfast Disciples of our Savior, Jesus Christ.


Strength and Honor


-Elder Noah Featherstone


 Where Nick Sabin gives the Press Conferences.

Selfie's with Sabin

Elder Gibbons, Elder Butterfield, and I

THE FIELD

THE WHOLE SHABANG

Elder Power and I

South End Zone

Zoom In

The Panoramic

Elders Krupa, Nelson, and I

Elder Gibbons, and I

Mid Side Bump Picture

LOOK HOW GREEN ALABAMA IS!

Elder Krupa and I watching Conference at a Members


No comments:

Post a Comment