Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Email #29 - 8 Monther

March 27, 2017
Birmingham, Alabama


Well Familia, Today is the day of 8 Big ones. I can't believe I've been out that long. It feels like I just got out of the MTC. It's kind of mind blowing... So to be honest... The time flies by so fast that by the time it gets back to Monday I can't even remember what happened during the week... ha! It's a struggle. The majority of the time I look over at my companion and say, "What happened this week?" His response. "I don't know?" We were jam packed with plans this week.


One of the members of the Lorna Branch owns a bakery in a town called Alabaster that is about 20 minutes away from Hoover. We do service there during the week and it’s always a blast.  They help us with our Spanish a ton so that is always good!


Since Elder Krupa and I arrived in Lorna we have been working with a less active family and they are just the greatest. Yesterday another elder and I were asked to do a special musical number in church. It was a last minute request so we quickly threw something together and it worked out pretty well. But back to the less active Family.  We were walking in a few minutes before sacrament meeting started and I looked up at the sacrament table and GUESS WHO WAS SITTING THERE! GUILLERMO!!!!!(The father of this family) My face instantly lit up and I had the biggest smile on my face! I was so darn happy! I went and said hi, talked to him for a minute and as we have been visiting him these last few weeks, Elder Krupa, Guillermo, and I have really become close. It's been super fun.


After that Elder Krupa and I were teaching Primary.  It was an adventure. Shout out to all those Primary teachers with tons of patience!  Just kidding! It was a blast! I loved it! The kids are so full of light and amazing thoughts. I really enjoyed it.


This week in my studies I finished the Book of Mormon again and I was reading in Moroni where he talks about prayer. Moroni says something very interesting that I've never caught before. He talks about if we pray without faith it profits us nothing. I have been trying to do better at really focusing on what I'm saying in my prayers. It's been a great experience for me. I've noticed that if I am really praying sincerely things happen. He answers prayers if we SINCERELY pray, but if not it does nothing for us. I really enjoyed reading that. It has really helped me this week.


Thank you for all you do! You're all in my prayers! Love you!
Strength and Honor
Elder Noah Featherstone





No comments:

Post a Comment