Monday, March 6, 2017

Email #24 - Transfers Again?

February 21, 2017
From Huntsville to Birmingham, Alabama
Ok! So I will get straight to it this week because this is the craziest P-Day EVER! This week we had transfer calls again... and.... drum roll...... I am now going down to Birmingham! I will be serving with Elder Krupa who came in with me to the mission! I'm super psyched! I am definitely going to miss Huntsville.... We have been saying goodbye to the members here and it has been so dang hard.... I thought that the heartache was going to end when I adjusted to the mission but I guess not. Saying goodbye to the members and the investigators here was just rough. No way around it.... We had some bittersweet goodbye's. I have grown to love them all so much. So that was super hard... and I'm not even done! I will send a few pictures of the families here with the missionaries. There are 6 missionaries in the Huntsville Branch and 5 of them are leaving so the Branch wasn't too happy! !


This week we had an amazing experience with an investigator. His name is Juan and we were reviewing the Restoration and sharing a scripture out the Book of Mormon with him.  As we were sharing he pointed out the fact that he was feeling something different. We helped him realize that what he was feeling was the Spirit. It was such an amazing lesson and it was even better that he was the one that pointed out that he was feeling something different.


Also, this week we did some service at a place called Rock Steady Boxing. It is an organization that helps Parkinson's patients. It is a boxing gym that helps them get a little bit of exercise while doing a little physical therapy. Some of the people there have been doing it for a while and they have seen amazing results so it was super amazing to spend some time with all these people. Elder Layton and I were in charge of what they called the "Focus Mitts." They are the mitts that you see people holding for the boxers to help them warm up and practice. So we were holding the mitts for them. It was super cool!


Well That's about it for the week! Love you all and you all are in my prayers! Love you all so much! Have a stellar week!
Strength and Honor,

Elder Noah Featherstone




                                   Saying goodbye to the Santos' family in Huntsville

No comments:

Post a Comment