Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Email #28 - The Life

March 20, 2017
Birmingham, Alabama


Family!  We had some amazing experiences this week with investigators and a complete blast with the members!


We had a Convivio after Church with all the members.  We came out of Priesthood and the Relief Society had tables set up with tons and tons of food! It was great talking to all the members.


We were meeting with a Less Active in the Branch this week and while we were sitting on her couch and talking to her I saw a bunny start hopping around the room. So I guess this sister has a bunny for a pet.  Her name is Chewy.  When this elderly lady says "Chewy" it might be one of the greatest things I've ever heard!


Also, this week we were visiting an investigator named Francisco and he is from the Dominican Republic. He is so hard to understand. Spanish from the DR is so incredibly fast and slangy if that's even a word. Anyway, I wasn't really understanding much but we got him to pray with us so that was a super big step. He is awesome and has really opened up to us since the first time we met.


I love seeing the people here come closer to our Savior.  It's an amazing experience. We have had some incredible experiences sharing the gospel with people this week and I have really loved it. One scripture I have come to love while I have been out here is Ether 12:6.
6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
I really love that scripture because I believe that the Lord gives us trials so that we can become better and become more like Him. We have trials every day that try our faith in Christ. But when we look to the Savior in these things we will grow and become stronger in our testimonies.


Thank you for all your examples to me and for being the kind of people I can look up to! I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Strength and Honor


-Elder Noah Featherstone






No comments:

Post a Comment