Friday, July 28, 2017

Email #46 - Bringing in the Sheaves

July 24, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Family - This week was a great one! It was really soooooo amazing! "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!" Sooooooooooo I'll get right to it!


This week was Stephanie Smith's Baptism and it was so good! Elder Hasleton and I had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to the church and prepared for the baptism and we got every thing ready and the baptism went really well. As Steph and Elder Hasleton were walking back into the changing rooms, I was closing the curtain and I said, "How do you feel?" She looked at me and got the biggest smile ever and said, "I FEEL SO GOOD! It's Indescribable!" It made me so happy! She didn't stop smiling the rest of the night! It was amazing. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost after they got back from changing, and it went pretty well. I shared a little bit about his name "The Comforter." I really love that name and how if we are living worthily and diligently seeking the help from the Lord, we will feel comfort from him. He will be there for us always. It goes back to D&C 82:10 that says, "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." So when we live worthily, we can expect the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Pretty Amazing! But we also have to be able to hear the quiet whispers and the comforting touch.


On Sunday, during Sacrament Meeting, I was able to confirm Stephanie a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was amazing. She really has the desire to follow our Savior and to become better. It really inspired me to do better and to do all I can to influence others to come closer to our Savior.


After Church on Sunday there was another baptism of an 8 year old in the ward. Elder Hasleton and I asked Steph if she would like to stay for the baptism so her kids could see it because they couldn't come to her baptism the night before. She said. "Yeah, that would be great!" So we went to it and they loved it. So we are going to start trying to teach her kids and her husband and see if they are interested in listening to the lessons at this point. It really was amazing. I was also able to stand in on the confirmation of this 8 year old in the ward that asked me to be in the circle. It was such an amazing weekend.


I was thinking a lot this weekend about how at times we do good things for others and we try to reach out to others but we don't always see the results right away. There are reapers and there are sowers. In my mission so far I've been doing a lot of sowing. It's been a lot of finding and a lot of teaching the first few lessons and seeing other missionaries come along and do the reaping for me. I haven't been on the end of reaping so far and so this really was an amazing experience. It's been quite an incredible experience seeing her receive so much joy and love from our Father in Heaven by following His son's example and being baptized. I know this work is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I know that this is Christ's church once again established on this earth. This is His work and His glory. I know that I am on the Lord's errand and that I have the opportunity to be one of His representatives here in Alabama. I'm thankful for the Lord and the love He shows us. He Lives and He loves us. I love you all and I hope and pray you have an amazing week.


Strength and Honor
Elder Noah Featherstone


P.S. I don't have my camera this week. It's been a little crazy... But I'll send the pictures from this week and the pictures from the baptism next week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment