Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Email #49 - Relying on the Lord

August 17, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Hello everyone! This week has been another great one! We went to the temple this afternoon and we don't have a whole lot of time before we head back to Montgomery.


We had a few really amazing experiences this week! A few weeks ago, Elder Hasleton and I started a Scripture Study Class that is still kind of getting started and we don't have a whole lot of people coming but there are a few.  Last week the only one that showed up was Steph. (She was baptized about a month ago.) We hadn't been able to see her for about a week so it was super good to be able to see her come. We got talking and she proceeded to tell us all about everything that had been going on. I don't want to say anything that I shouldn't or give out details but there are a lot of family situations going on as well as a few loved ones that have died recently in her family. After talking for a few minutes she said to us, "I think Satan is really trying to get to me because he knows that I made the right choice to be baptized and turn my life over to the Savior, because all of this stuff has been happening since I was baptized." Wow... I was speechless. It is so amazing that she can recognize the influence Satan is having right now. She said to us, "I know that there is no way I can get through all of this unless I am constantly in touch with God, and praying to Him."  It was really amazing to hear her bear her testimony to us.


On other news, a few weeks ago we started English Class down here in Montgomery and we had a bunch of people this week. It was super good to actually have some people show up.


Also, I was doing some Family History work this week and I was searching and searching for names and I kept running across names that our extended family had already reserved and was working on their temple work! So S/O to all the Featherstone/Poelman people doing the Lord's work through their ancestors! It's really amazing that we are able to be apart of helping the kingdom grow and influencing others through temple work. So if you have a few minutes this week I'd really encourage you to get on familysearch.org and find some names that you could take to the temple!


Anyways! That's about it for the week. I hope you are all doing well and just tearin' it up. Have a stellar week. Love you all! You're in my prayers!


Strength and Honor
Elder Noah Featherstone

No comments:

Post a Comment