Thursday, September 14, 2017

Email #53 - The Miracle of Service

September 12, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Dear Family,


I hope you are all well and that everything is going great! As I was thinking about my email last week, I realized that I forgot to mention one person in our family that has been a great example to me in my life. Sorry Preston! When I think about Preston I think about when we were both sick and we played "Baulder's Gate." Maybe for a little too long... but I appreciate the time we were able to spend and how we were able to get to know each other a little bit more. Thanks for spending time with me.


This week has been quite insane. We have done soooo muccchhhhh serviceeeeeeeee! On Monday, we spent a few hours at a members house helping her with her lawn. On Wednesday, we helped a Less Active who I have mentioned before named Morgan. He has been trying to get a fence built before the hurricane hits. So we were over there helping him out building a fence for a solid minute. ha! Then on Saturday we helped out Steph with her lawn and did some work for them. That was a miracle. Her husband Tory has been very stand off-ish to us since we have been coming over to teach Steph. I haven't had more than maybe a 15 second conversation with him. When we were over there to help, I engaged in a conversation with him while we were working which turned into a very solid conversation for about an hour. It really was amazing! He just opened up and was telling me all this stuff about him and you could see it on his face that he was having a good time. It was really amazing. It's amazing how service can help those in need and help them spiritually. Service is how we show our love. We can serve others to show them that we appreciate them and that we are grateful for them. It's been really amazing to see those here in Alabama come to know the Savior as we have served them. Morgan is a great example of that. He was very cut-off when I first got here. As we have continued to serve him over the last 3 months, he has become open and ready for spiritual conversations. It's been amazing to see. I want to tell you all that service really does open the windows of heaven and allow others to see clearly and have a spiritual experience. When we serve others, we really are serving God.


I love you all and I hope you all have a great week! Be safe!


Strength and Honor     


Elder Noah Featherstone




No comments:

Post a Comment