Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Email #92 - Having a Good ol' Time

June 11, 2018
Attalla, Alabama

Family! How are you all doing? It sounds like it's been another
great week! I've loved hearing about your experiences going to
the temple and fasting. We've had an amazing week! It's been
a good ol' time! Hence the title ;) haha!  We have been super
super busy. This week has been one big miracle. We have been
finding and finding and finding. We ended up finding a lot of
interested people in our message which was great. Real
quick I want to tell you about one of them. His name is Damion.
We met Damion and set up a return appointment and he didn't
show up.  So we tried later and he answered. We talked to him
again and set up a return appointment. That happened 3 times
and we decided we should drop him. So as we were biking past
his house on Friday night he was outside. He started laughing
and said, "Hey guys! Get over here!" He proceeded to apologize
for not being there because stuff was always coming up. So we
sat down then and there and taught him the Restoration and
when we got to the end I said, "So Damion, How does this
message apply to you?" He said, "Well I better know if this is
the true church of Jesus Christ on earth today." Usually it takes
about 3 or 4 times explaining the importance of the Restoration
before they understand it fully, but he just "got it." It was so
darn cool! I was so psyched and just couldn't stop smiling!
It's always amazing to see these people when they understand
the message. That was definitely a miracle that we saw this week.

This week as well we have done a ton of service. There is an
investigator named Patricia that we did some service for and she
is just so sweet! She reminds me a lot of Grandma Mer. She is
not a member but is so caring and compassionate toward
everyone. We pulled some weeds and I swept off her driveway.
There were leaves and stuff everywhere so I got the hose out
and started spraying off the driveway. It was so interesting.
As I was spraying it off, I thought, "I haven't done this in so long..."
It was such a nice experience for some reason to spray off the
driveway like we would do back home... How weird is that?! It
made me super happy! We as well did some painting on her
house for her. I'll send you some pictures of that.

Well thank you so much for all you do! It's been great to hear
from all of you! I hope all is well! You are all in my prayers!
Love y'all!

Strength and Honor

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Elder Noah Featherstone


The Attalla District

 We borrowed the Gadsden Sisters car to go to a Baptismal
Interview in Anniston and took a pic with their glasses... 

Painting at Patricia's 

 Looking over the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment