Monday, June 25, 2018

Email #94 - Leaders in the Church

June 25, 2018
Attalla, Alabama

Hello Family! How are y'all doing? This has been quite the week. We've enjoyed it for sure.  It's been a lot of knocking doors and finding people to teach but we've definitely seen the Lord's hand in our lives. A cool but funny experience that we had was in the middle of the storm this week. It was about 3 pm on Saturday and Elder Vanderhoff and I were biking to an appointment with an investigator and we got there and they let us in. The moment we closed the door behind us it started POURING! Elder Vanderhoff and I look at each other like "Well that was close..." So we taught this investigator the Restoration very simply and she struggled understanding it so we got some paper and mapped it out with her on the table. It was super cool! I've never mapped it out before but it helped her understand a lot so I guess that was a little something the Spirit threw at us. The moment we finished up and said a prayer, we started walking out the door and it just stopped raining! That was definitely an answer to prayer. Alabama is the only place that I've ever been that you can actually run away from the rainstorms. It's so interesting.  If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll change. Alabama weather is the craziest.

This week we had interviews with President Sainsbury and I had a few questions that I had been praying about. There were a few of them that I talked to President Sainsbury about and he was able to help me a lot. As I was going over what we had talked about, I thought about the blessing that it is to have leaders in the church that are called of God. I know that he is guided by the Lord and is able to help the missionaries here. I know that each of our leaders in the church are called of God to know how they can best help us come closer to Christ. So my invitation for each of you is to listen closely to your leaders as they are here and called to help us. They pray for you and think about you and your eternal salvation. They are guided by the Spirit as they help each of us.

Well thank you so much for all your love and support! You are all in my prayers! Love you!​




No comments:

Post a Comment