Thursday, August 4, 2016

Email #1 - HEY. YOU. GUYYSSSSS

August 2, 2016
Provo MTC

Family! How are you doing! I hope you are doing completely STELLAR! This week was good! So after the completely terrible drop off... "THE DROP OFF!!" Name that movie. Anyways that was horrible. But then there was nowhere to go but up. Ha so my companions name is Elder Ham. He is a stud! He is from Portland and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better first companion. You know how I hate to be late for things so I was expecting a companion that I would have to drag out of bed and help get going every morning. He could not be more like me in that way. We both are loving it. Also he is an athlete which helps when I want to go play basketball. But the first few days went super slow... They have you doing orientation and stuff like that and it's completely terrible. But it has picked up since then. It's crazy how much studying you do in the MTC. That has definitely been hard but good! 

The language is coming along but you all know me well enough that it is hard for me to not worry about things so that's a bit of a challenge. But everyone tells me not to worry and it'll come so hopefully it does! ha!

Everyone in my district is awesome. Oh and speaking of districts. I got called as the District Leader. That has been cool too. I've met so many awesome people since I've been here. I have become good friends with an elder who left to Argentina yesterday. But he is incredible. His name is Elder Crowther. He has helped us get in the groove of things and adjust to the MTC. It's been super nice to hear from him cause he reminds me a ton of Caleb so that was nice cause I've missed all my HERMANOS! Brian, Greg, Preston, and Caleb... YOU GUYS ARE STUDS!!!! I love hearing from you!

On Sunday night after the devotional my companion and I went to see a talk by Elder Bednar. It's called "Character of Christ." It was amazing. Truly what I needed to hear. But everything is going well. You know just partying it up with all the Spanish elders! Anyways that is about it for the week! I'll send some pictures but the MTC computers are weirddddd so let's hope it happens! Love you all! Talk to you next week!

-Elder Featherstone
Strength and Honor





No comments:

Post a Comment