Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Email #5 - MACANUDO

August 30, 2016
Provo MTC


FAMILY! This week has been very eventful! So let's start from the top if I can remember much.... Yeah that might be the topic to start with. I was playing basketball yesterday and more or less just got head butted... So I went to the trainer and then got taken to the BYU Student Health Clinic and was diagnosed with a mild concussion. So that's been a little interesting these last 24 hours since it happened. But lets see what I can remember!  


Last Tuesday for the devotional we had Elder Uceda from the Seventy come and it was incredible. He talked a lot about his conversion story and how we was influenced by missionaries like us. His conversion story is completely amazing. I was in awe the entire time he was talking. This Sunday for the devotional we had Elder Watson who is the director of the curriculum for missionaries. He talked a lot about how we can influence others by Preach My Gospel and the power that is in the book. The devotionals were amazing this week!


Last night, a few elders that arrived here last week, were struggling a little and so Elder Ham and I went over to the other building where the rest of the elders in our zone are. Elder Ham, Gibbons, Hanna and I are the only elders in the zone in a different building and the rest of the zone is in a different building so that makes it a little harder trying to help out the other elders when our keys don't get us into that building. But we went over and just talked and they opened up about their doubts and concerns of being here. It was really cool to be able to share some advice with them. I shared Alma 37:37 with them about counseling with the Lord in all things. I told them that as hard as it is during these hard times, this is where you truly find out who you are and what you can handle. That relying on the Lord is all you can do. He is always there and he is waiting for you to reach to him for help. I talked about how my first week was extremely hard and I finally got to the tipping point and I realized that all I could do is turn to the Savior for help. Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. He loves each and everyone of us. He knows the feelings of our heart and we just need to reach out to him and ask for help and he will be there for us. It has been amazing to develop an even closer relationship with the Lord through this. My love for the Lord has grown so much and I love him. I have now caught a little bit of a glimpse of what is to come and why a mission truly changes people. This is the work of the Lord and we are representatives of Jesus Christ whether we are wearing his name on our chest or not. I haven't even gotten to Alabama yet and I already love the people there so much! It truly was an amazing experience to be able to talk to some of the new missionaries.


So! That is about it for this week! I love this gospel and I love the Lord! Love you all so much! Thank you so much for your support! I love seeing all the pictures of the family! I saw a few pictures of the kids and it feels like they are so old.... I have only been gone a month. What is this.... Miss you Max, Laurel, Millie, Scotti, and Jane! Love you all!


Strength and Honor


Elder Noah Featherstone


Also, cool story of the week! I forgot about this one. But I was in computer lab a few days ago just doing some spanish exercises on the computer and I went to lds.org to listen to some church music on there and I pulled up and EFY and church music playlist they have on lds.org and GUESS WHAT I LISTENED TO AND I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!!! Tender Mercies of the Lord. Wow. I was in tears just listening to it. Love you so much Megan! Thanks for everything Family!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment