Monday, August 29, 2016

Email #4 - Mission Work. The Final Frontier

August 23, 2016
Provo MTC


Family! How are you all? I've heard some pretty dang good news this week and it makes me SO HAPPY!!! Welcome to the Family Jane! So I'm 1 for 3 on new nieces and nephews while I am gone! So I'm praying that there will be 2 more before I get home! So I'll be praying real hard. Please don't let me down! Ha! So this week was a good one!


So last night I somehow talked everyone into going to the temple this morning. It was not that hard to convince them but, the hard part was we ended up going to the 5:40 session. Ha! I got up at 4:45. So running low on sleep today! Everyone kept asking "Por qué?" and my response was "Aquí en Districto 24-B Nosotros somos todos sobre la experencia." I´ll let you figure out what that means. Probably not too hard. So... So far it has been a completely great morning!


On Sunday the devotional was by the Nashville Tribute Band which was incredible! I was in the MTC Choir and we ended up singing a few songs with them and it was spectacular! Mom I don't want to make you cry but go look them up on Youtube or something and listen to "The hardest thing I've ever loved to do." As well as the rest of you RM's you would love it. So that was fun to sing with them! Such an amazing experience.


Speak of the devil. I just saw Benny again about 30 seconds ago! Ha! We are planning on having lunch with him today! So that should be fun! He is a stud! But every week that goes by I don't know what to tell you cause we just sit in the classroom and speak Spanish all day! So I don't have much to tell you. I mean we have hilarious experiences with the residence halls at night but I'm not sure those should be spoken about. Especially this weeks....


This week we began our zone leader duties which has been interesting. We are so much busier... Like we have zero time for anything else but I guess that's what missionaries do. But it has been good! Especially our lessons. For some reason this weeks lessons were amazing. It was amazing to understand what they were saying clearly. The gift of Tongues is real and I have experienced that since I've been here. It was hard but amazing that I could respond to the investigators needs in Spanish. I do  far better at understanding and comprehending what they are saying rather than speaking. I'm still picking up on all the tenses but they are coming along.


Well that's about it for this week! Love you Guys! Thank you so much for the love you show me! Love you Family!!!!!!!!!


Strength and Honor


-Elder Noah Featherstone







1 comment:

  1. So proud of you dear Noah...so happy the Spanish is coming along well an of course your leadership responsibilities and music. So great! I wanted to tell you that we have heard theNashville Tribute Band and were invited to one of their concerts by the man that puts the travel and staging arrangements together for them (who is a former student of ours from our mission to BYU Hawaii.) I'll have to tell him how much you enjoyed the concert there. Keep up the good work and the good messages. We love to hear about you and the mission. WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete