Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Email #64 - What a Week!

November 27, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Family! This week was complete CHAOS! Wow! I loved it! It was so darn much fun! We were just crazy crazy busy! But anyways, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I know it's late but I forgot to say that last week!


So! First off, This week for Thanksgiving we had 3 dinner appointments... I'm not complaining... but I ate sooooooo muchhhhhhh foooooddddd.... It was like way more than I should have been able to eat. I think the Lord was really helping us out here. But the food was just sooooooooo good! Man! I absolutely loved it! It was great! So it was quite the day! We had the turkey bowl in the morning and that was a ton of fun! Then we had a bunch of dinner appointments. Not a whole lot else happened that day because we had to drive up to Birmingham for the Spanish Conference for all the Spanish Missionaries the next day.


We had the Spanish Conference and it was a blast to see all the Spanish Missionaries! Since there are so many less Spanish missionaries, we are all really good friends so it was just a riot to be with all of them. It's a really tight knit group and it's a blast! It was super fun to see a lot of old companions, and good friends from the mission. During the conference, President Sainsbury talked a lot about really adapting the Spanish culture into our lives as missionaries. To find out what we can do to apply their culture into our everyday lives and have a blast doing it. So that's been on our minds a lot lately. It's a very interesting thought, but I do know that the people are a lot more willing to open up and hear our message when we are familiar and knowledgeable about their culture. So I'm excited to see what we can do here.


So as you know, Saturday was the Iron Bowl. Wow.... What a day! It's hysterical because you'll knock on some people's doors and they'll open up and say, "Hey, we're watching the game. You're welcome to come in, eat a burger and a hot dog, watch the game, but we can't talk right now. We can hang out and once the game is over I'd be happy to listen to you." Man... the southern hospitality really is a thing. They are so kind a loving but they really do love their Alabama Crimson Tide, and Auburn Tigers. It's hysterical! I love it!


Elder Oldham and I have been doing a lot of tracting and we ended up tracting into a Spanish Penecostal Preacher yesterday. ! It was super super interesting.  Elder Oldham is still getting a grasp on Spanish so I was doing most of the conversing with him, but it was a very interesting conversation to say the least. I think the one thing I learned from him is, no matter what you know, you aren't going to know everything. When a question arises that you don't know the answer to, go look and find an answer from God. He can give you the answers. We aren't ever going to know everything in this life, but we definitely can search the scriptures and rely on God for knowledge.


I love this gospel. This Thanksgiving and Christmas Season I want you all to know that I know that God lives. He has perfect gratitude for us, and he is cheering us on every step of the way through life. We have trials to help us grow and increase in knowledge. Without hard things we don't become better. He give us trials to help us grow and learn to rely on Him. I'm thankful for that. I love you all! You are in my prayers! Have a stellar week!


Also, Go search Light the World on Mormon.org and watch the Christmas Initiative for this year! Let's all get that Christmas Cheer out in the world! Let them know what we are capable of! WOOT WOOT!!! #lighttheworld


Strength and Honor


"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"


-Elder Noah Featherstone


Some Goats... and scenery​

"YA BIG BABY!"

More Hammock Pics


Round 2


More Alabama Scenery

Early Morning Football this week. BUT LOOK AT THE DELIVERY! Best ball I've ever thrown. ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment