Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Email #61 - An Hour of Mighty Prayer

November 6, 2017
Montgomery, Alabama


Family! It's been another quick week but definitely another great one! It's definitely one of those weeks that I can't really remember a whole lot of what happened... So I'll let you know the few things that I can remember.  So first off, this week we were doing more service for an inactive member that I've talked about a little bit. His name is Morgan Lee. He called us up and said, "Hey Missionaries, I've got a lot going on and I'm needing some help painting my house this week. Could y'all come over and help me for a little bit?" We are always jumping at service opportunities so we jumped at it and said, "Of Course!" So little did I know that I would be painting on the roof of his house! haha! It wasn't as scary as it sounds but I was painting a lot of the upper reaches of the front of his house. We are beginning to become professional painters. We also painted cupboards for a family in the ward as well this week. So it has been the Elders and their paint brushes this week.


President Sainsbury came to all the missionaries this week and told us that he wanted to have an hour of mighty prayer in the mission. On Sunday from 4-5pm we would all unite in prayer for our families, our friends, our investigators, the members, etc. It was an amazing experience. Knowing that another 180 missionaries across Alabama are praying for all those that are searching for this gospel was amazing. I was able to pray for each of you specifically and for your needs and for each of you to feel of the love the Lord has for you. It is definitely something that I hope our family can do in the future. To know and feel so close to our Father in Heaven is something that we need on a regular basis in our lives. At this point in time, if I were to share with y'all one of the most important things I've learned on my mission it has been the power of prayer. When we truly rely on the Savior, he will comfort us. He knows what we are going through and through prayer we are able to unite ourselves with Him. He loves us and desires that we reach out to Him. He wants us to have a relationship with Him. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the truthfulness of this message.


Thank you all for your support and prayers in behalf of the missionaries across the world. I can't describe what a joyous experience it is to be a representative of Jesus Christ, our Savior.


You're in my prayers! Have a stellar week! Love you all!


Strength and Honor


Elder Noah Featherstone


Part of the Carter Hill District

Elders Braaksma, Ferguson, Oldham and I up in Wetumpka this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment