Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Email #86 - Love Toward Others

April 30, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama

Family! How has your week been? It sounds like it's been quite the week! I'm loving hearing the fun things going on in Australia, Sweden, and Scotland! Makes me super happy to hear how well everyone is doing! 

I wanted to give Grandpa V a shout out today! This week has been super amazing to be able to serve the same people that he served so many years ago. This week I was able to talk to a few members and hear the stories that they have about Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone. It is incredible to see the lives he touched as he served so selflessly and humbly. Thank you Grandpa V for the great example you are to me and all those around you. Love you!

This week was a rollercoaster of emotions. We had a few investigators that had stopped progressing and we decided it was best that we drop them and find those that are ready to hear the gospel and be baptized. It was so hard to drop these people that you have grown to love so much. As we were finishing up, I turned to Elder Briggs and asked him, "Elder, why is missionary work so hard? If it's this hard for us then I can't imagine how hard it is for Heavenly Father." He thought for a minute and said, "Remember what Elder Holland said? Because Salvation isn't a cheap experience." I thought about that and how you learn to love these people so much. As we serve those around us, we learn to have Christlike love toward all around us. 

During the Sacrament yesterday I sat there thinking about Alabama and how much I love the people here. They are so amazing. I really do want the best for the people here. I love the ministering program because it allows us all to focus ourselves outside ourselves and love others and serve others the way Christ would. It's amazing to see the friendships that we make when we selflessly serve those we come in contact with. In Matthew it says, "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." I know that is true. When we serve others, we are serving God. 

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. I love you all! Have a great week and remember the Lord as you go throughout your week! 

Strength and Honor 
Elder Featherstone 

2 of the MTC Roomies

SELFIE TIME WITH STUART

P-day Hammocking!



No comments:

Post a Comment