Monday, May 21, 2018

Email #88 - A Week of Miracles


May 14, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama


Family! How great it was to talk to each of you yesterday! I'm so grateful for the light that each of you carry with you. It was definitely an amazing experience. I want to share a few miracles or "Emmaus experiences" that I saw in the work this week.


1) So in my last letter I talked a little bit about how we did tons of tracting and didn't see any results. Elder Briggs and I prayed on Tuesday morning that we would be filled with the spirit as we go about the work because we were both struggling finding the motivation and the faith to go knock more doors. As we left the apartment at 10 o'clock on Tuesday, we rode our bikes past this apartment building and I look over and it's a member! We stopped and said hi and she asked if we could give her son who is sick a blessing. So we did and it was great. He was smiling and laughing by the end. So that was miracle number 1! And number 2 was as we left her house we jumped on our bikes and rode down about 2 houses and we saw this man struggling to lift his TV. So we stopped and helped him. Turns out that he went to high school with a member and has had a lot of questions about his purpose in life and which church he should go to recently. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he committed to read it. Wow! How the Lord was blessing us with amazing things right from the get go! As we continued on our way, we stopped at an investigators house named Luis. He and his wife are super hard to get a hold of because they both are in the medical field and are super busy. So as we were biking, I thought, "We need to stop by Luis house." It wasn't part of our plan but I felt like we should. So we went by and they were just leaving. They both lit up with they saw us biking over to their house. We talked for a minute or two and got a return appointment with them. So that is number 3. This all happened within the first 30 minutes of the day out proselyting.


2) Skyping with Grandpa. I called President Sainsbury thinking, "Man... I sure hope he says I can call and say Goodbye to him." I called and we talked for a minute and he said, "I think it would be a real treat and a blessing if you were to call and say goodbye to him." I was speechless. I didn't think he was going to say yes. But that was one thing that I will never forget. Grandpa was hurting but all he was worried about was me and those around him. He is such an amazing example of selfless service and charity.


3) Zone Conference was really good this week.  We got some really good insights and I learned a lot! There were a few things that they mentioned that I want to apply in the work. We are really working on becoming master teachers so that's the goal! To teach as the Savior would teach.


Anyways! Thank you so much for your support and the love you show me. You're in my prayers!


Strength and Honor
Elder Featherstone





No comments:

Post a Comment