Monday, May 21, 2018

Email #89 - Families are Forever

May 21, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama

¡Mi querido familia! If I were to describe this week into a few words I would say, the tender mercies of the Lord. It's been an amazing week. I have been surrounded by several missionaries on Exchanges that were able to uplift and inspire me. With Big V passing, it's been a hard week. But it was still great because the missionary work here is flying! Here in the Byrd Springs Ward, the Byrd is flying high! We don't have a ton of time today but I do want to share one quick experience. We had invited all of our investigators to church and nobody was able to come, but we did get a text yesterday morning from Luis. He said that he was driving home from work last night and he got T-Boned in his car. His car got totaled but he was fine. We made some cookies for him yesterday after church and took them to him and his family and they were very appreciative. We talked with him a little and he was sore but doing better.  He knows a member that I know really well from the Spanish Branch here in Huntsville. So I called this member last night and asked him if he could get in contact with Luis and he said of course! It's been amazing to see how the members are able to help their friends learn more and come closer to the Lord. I was reading a talk this morning from President Ezra Taft Benson about Flooding the Earth with the Book of Mormon. So I want to challenge y'all to do something that Elder Anderson challenged our mission to do. Memorize 10 Book of Mormon scriptures that you really believe - 10 scriptures that you have a firm testimony in. So I want to challenge you to do the same. I know that as you do this your testimonies in the Book of Mormon will be strengthened and that you will be able to share these memorized scriptures with those you come in contact with. It's been amazing to be able to recite these scriptures to those we meet on the street and it truly has been a blessing.

I'm so thankful for eternal families and that each of us will be able to see our loved ones again. Grandpa V was a great example to me and I'm excited to continue to remember him and learn from the experiences I was able to have with him. He will be remembered as a man of Christ. He, as Enos and Jacob, has become unshaken and steadfast in Christ. That's the goal. That is why we have this mortal experience. To become unshaken. I love you all and I am grateful for the love and support you give me. You are all in my prayers!


Strength and Honor
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
Elder Noah Featherstone

Picture Max the first time he found out our name was Featherstone.  We made pancakes with food coloring... hahaha!

It rained while we biked all night...we looked like we jumped in a pool...

Biking with Elder Devereaux...on the highway...
The next American Ninja Warrior


No comments:

Post a Comment