Sunday, May 13, 2018

Email #87 - The Lord's Blessings

May 7, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama


"YOUWHOOOOO!!! BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT!" hahaha! How are you all?! It sounds like there is a party going on in Scotland and Sweden.... and ALABAMA!!! I hope everything has been great out there! Everything has been a complete riot here! Elder Briggs and I have had a blast of a week! It's been a lot of finding but it's been good!


This week we knocked a lot...... and we didn't find anyone. So I was thinking about that. Why is it that we are working so hard but nothing has been coming from it? As we were finishing up the week last night, we taught an investigator about the sacrament and a little review on the Restoration. At the end, we committed him to be baptized and he accepted! It was amazing to see how we work so hard in one area of the work but the Lord blesses us in other ways. We were so diligent and full of faith that we were going to find someone but the Lord blessed us through this investigator. It was one of those weeks where you work your tail off and then the Lord throws you a bone at the end and says, "Nice Job. Keep it up."


This Friday the ward had a Luau, and it was a blast! ha! We actually came and cooked the hot dogs for everyone and then they all went inside to have a family dance while we cleaned up. It was super fun to be able to serve the members and let them not have to worry about it. I really enjoyed it. This has got to be one of the most solid wards in the Church. They are just a huge family. It's amazing to see. I've definitely learned a lot from them and their selfless acts of service.


As I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week I was in Alma 39. I started reading verse 1. I'm going to change it a little bit but this is what came to mind. "And now, my son, I have somewhat more to say unto thee than what I have said unto thy brethren; for behold, have ye not observed the steadiness of thy brethren, their faithfulness, and their diligence in keeping the commandments of God? Behold, have they not set a good example for thee?" I was thinking about Dad saying this to me, and how I would respond. and I would say to him, "Yes, they are steadfast in the ways of the Lord and are STELLAR GUYS!" So I just want to share my appreciation for my brothers and the amazing examples they have set for me. When I grow up I want to be like Greg, Brian, Preston, and Caleb. I thought a lot about y'all and all you have done to serve and love me. Thank you.


I thought about Nephi, "having been born of goodly parents" that are mis amigos and are two of the most teachable, charitable, and service oriented that have ever walked the planet.


And Sisters that are full of faith, patience, and love toward those around them, that have raised children to do the same as the Pioneer children that went through so much to help others down the line to know about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.


I'm so thank for each of you and your steadfastness in the Lord. This message is truth. It's all true. Love you and have a great week!


Strength and Honor          
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"        
Elder Noah Featherstone

Bike Gang

We made pancakes on Exchanges


We didn't knock this door. So I hope they heart the Gospel someone down the line.

Tocando Las puertas anoche




No comments:

Post a Comment